Role: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports To: Director, Mechanical Engineering
Job Overview: Bear Robotics is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Redwood City, CA. Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for a cleaning. If you want to work on interesting design and manufacturing challenges as an individual contributor with an A+ team, Bear Robotics is a perfect place for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Use CAD to design small subsystem prototype, mechanisms and test fixtures
● Generate mechanical drawings with proper geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
● Fabricate and assemble hardware prototypes
● Create test plans and perform verification testing
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
● 2+ years of experience in mechanical design
● Demonstrated CAD experience with SolidWorks
● Experience with rapid prototyping tools, such as laser cutting, 3D printing, etc.
● Experience with machining and hand tools
● Experience with product development and designing test fixtures
● Basic electrical prototyping and familiarity with motor selection a plus
● Highly organized, inquisitive, open minded and willing to get your hands dirty
● A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
● Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
● Passionate about making robots and serving our future robotic overlords
● A good sense of humor is absolutely mandatory
● A portfolio of past and current mechanical design projects is a major plus
● Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
● A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
● We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
● We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.