Role: Field Operator
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports To: Head of Field Operations
Job Overview: Bear Robotics is one of the leading companies in our field while carrying out our mission to transform the future of work in the hospitality industry by automating repetitive tasks and helping people provide outstanding service. We are hiring a talented Field Operator professional to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Bear Robotics is a great place to grow your career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deploy and maintain robots in a wide variety of hospitality industry settings.
- Monitor robot performance and utilization
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and workflow issues
- Manage customer success by maintaining strong relationships and regular communication with the three pillars of our customer base: owners, operators and guests.
- Collect and analyze product feedback
- Train users on day to day use, upkeep and maintenance of the robot.
- Interact with customers regularly and represent VOC internally
- Strong ability to analyze operational performance and optimize workflows where necessary
- Occasionally test prototype product features to determine acceptability and recommend modifications.
- Document all field activities and corrective actions accurately for future reference.
- Ability to work flexible hours as our customers are in the hospitality industry and operating hours can vary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or robotics engineering.
- Experience with the Linux Terminal (Preferred)
- Ability to read and edit code
- Great troubleshooting skills and ability to work under pressure
- Availability on weekends for occasional on-call support
- Great customer service skills
- Have a current, valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Overnight travel to other office locations and customer sites (up to 80%)
- Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.