- BS/MS in CS or related field and 5+ years of mobile robot industry experiences, or
PhD in CS or related field and 2+ years of mobile robot industry experiences
- Solid data structures, algorithms and software design
- Solid C++, Python coding
3+ of the following must-have experiences:
- Mobile robot navigation stack
- Mobile robot dynamics modeling and control
- Kalman/particle filtering, sensor fusion, nonlinear state estimation
- Path planning (A*, D*, RRT, etc.)
- Trajectory optimization
- Octave/Matlab/Python data analysis
- ROS navigation stack
- 2D/3D camera and lidar perception pipeline
- Multi-robot control and coordination
- ML/DL as applied to mobile robotics
About the job
You will be responsible for the robotics navigation stack, ranging from control, localization, mapping, path planning, all the way to high-level interaction decision making. The navigation stack is critical for our robot to drive autonomously, safely and smoothly. You will be working with the team to design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve various algorithms of the navigation stack. You are expected to be highly autonomous and to lead technical directions. You are also expected to work with high-level product requirements, and to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Our company was founded in 2017. Bear has developed a self-driving robot that shuttles food from a kitchen in a restaurant/dining hall out to customer tables, and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to robotics and AI in the hospitality sector. We have deployed robots with several global enterprise customers, and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~70 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality. This means occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box. But, we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate our collective success.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics and artificial intelligence, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself, salary expectations, and why this role is perfect for you.