- BS in EE/CS or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Development experience within embedded systems/firmware design
- Solid coding in C/C++
- Microcontrollers, ARM processors, SoC
- Hardware bringup, hardware/software integration
- RTOS, application/driver integration
- Peripherals including BLDC motor, UART, SPI, CAN, BLE, USB, PWM, ADC, LED
- STM32 MCU
- C2000 MCU & MotorWare
- PCBA and wire harness design
- Manufacture & mass production
About the job
You will be responsible for the firmware of our custom PCBA board, which is one of the most critical component of our robot. You will be closely working with electrical engineers and software engineers, to design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the PCBA board design and its firmware. You are expected to architect and develop the whole firmware stack. You are also expected to work with high-level requirements, and to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Our company was founded in 2017. Bear has developed a self-driving robot that shuttles food from a kitchen in a restaurant/dining hall out to customer tables, and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to robotics and AI in the hospitality sector. We have deployed robots with several global enterprise customers, and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~70 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality. This means occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box. But, we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate our collective success.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics and artificial intelligence, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself, salary expectations, and why this role is perfect for you.