Role: Embedded Engineer Intern
Location: Redwood City, CA or Dallas, TX (Remote work available for COVID-19)
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Job Overview: We are looking for a professional Embedded Engineer Intern to work on embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized robotics software systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in complex systems.
- Own and carry a design task from concept to implementation.
- Document engineering requirements, document solutions, and test new firmware designs.
- Work with cross functional teams to test and troubleshoot issues.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Provide post production support
- Pursuing BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++.
- Solid CS fundamentals with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile methodology.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
Must have experience in:
- Scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Lua, etc.
- Git, Jira, Confluence
- Hands-on design, development, and debugging
Nice to have experience in:
- Microcontrollers, ARM processors, SoC
- Embedded software development systems with Linux, RTOS, or bare-metal
- Peripherals including UART/RS-485, SPI, I2C, CAN, BLE, USB, PWM, ADC
- BLDC motor control
- STM32 MCU (Cortex-M0, Cortex-M4, Cortex-M7)
- TI C2000 MCU & MotorWare
- Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.