Role: Head of Field Operations
Location: Redwood City, CA or Dallas, TX
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Overview: As the Head of Field Operations, you will lead the development and growth of the field operations team to support the company's expansion across the US and globally. The field operations team is critical to establishing and maintaining good customer relationships by providing technical field support for robot demonstrations, proof of concept studies, and new robot deployments. The role will cover all aspects of the field operations team, from helping to shape its growth and structure to the daily management and reporting. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with other teams including sales, product and engineering.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Develop and implement an overall plan for the field operations team
- Develop the structure for a cost effective field operations organization taking into consideration Bear Robotics’ growth targets and different strategic options.
- Build and maintain a high-performing, customer-focused field operations organization.
● Hiring, Training, Development
- Hire, train, motivate and evaluate members of the field operations team in alignment with the hiring plan and HR practices.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
● Daily monitoring and reporting, scheduling
- Manage day to day field operations organization, including field operators’ schedules to ensure excellent customer service and compliance with SLAs.
- Monitor and report on field service KPIs, taking action where necessary.
- Act as a point of escalation for customers to ensure timely and full resolution to issues.
- Maintain high levels of communication within the field service organization.
● Develop processes
- Develop and implement necessary processes and procedures to ensure consistent field operations in alignment with company goals.
- Develop and maintain necessary documentation to support the field operations team, including on-boarding and training material.
● Feedback to product team
- Escalate issues and feature requests to product and engineering teams for product development.
● Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience within field operations organizations.
- 5 years of experience managing multiple departments within Field Operations or a similar environment.
- Successful experience in building and managing a Field Service Department across multiple locations.
- Expertise leveraging people, processes and technology with a keen focus on data/analytics to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Skills and experience in building and leading teams, developing skills in others, fostering collaboration and building consensus across the Company.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives, and skill in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems.
- Proven track record managing employees in differing locations, including work-from-home.
- Desire to operate in an emerging growth company with fast-paced 24x7 customers.
- Ability to travel to other office and customer locations.
- Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.