- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Ability to work on projects related to mobile development, robotics, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, networking, and/or security software development.
- Ability to showcase tech projects and participate in computer science-related extracurricular activities.
About the job
Software Engineers at Bear Robotics are researchers and developers who builds robot-as-a-service to revolutionize restaurant industry. Our engineers develop full-stack software from embedded firmware all the way to cloud services -- this requires adept research skills and awareness, the soft skills to effectively interact and ask questions, as well as the ability to quickly turning ideas into product. You'll develop competencies with data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how robot-as-a-service works. We focus on being a collaborative and open organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality.
- Our company was founded in 2017. Bear has developed a self-driving robot that shuttles food from a kitchen in a restaurant/dining hall out to customer tables, and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to robotics and AI in the hospitality sector. We have deployed robots with several global enterprise customers, and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~70 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality. This means occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box. But, we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate our collective success.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics and artificial intelligence, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself, salary expectations, and why this role is perfect for you.