Role: Field Operator
Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports To: Head of Field Operations
Job Overview: Bear Robotics is one of the leading companies in our field while carrying out our mission to transform the future of work in the hospitality industry by automating repetitive tasks and helping people provide outstanding service. We are hiring a talented Field Test Operator professional to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Bear Robotics is a great place to grow your career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate closely with support engineers in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Interact with customers regularly to find out user experience.
- Develop standard procedures for field testing tasks.
- Evaluate operational performance and recommend improvements if needed.
- Test the prototype product to determine its acceptability and recommend modifications if required.
- Ensure all test records are logged and available for future reference.
- Maintain testing equipment and supplies in safe and good working conditions.
- Assist product development, production, and marketing activities.
- Write test proposals for sufficient test coverage.
- Record test results accurately.
- Conduct the product tests to predict performance or maintenance issues.
- Identify failures and develop efficient solutions to minimize the failure rate.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine reasons for product failures and develop corrective actions.
- Perform product verification and validation tests before delivery.
- Document all issues and corrective actions accurately for future references.
- Technical background in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or robotics engineering
- Experience with the Linux Terminal
- Ability to read and edit code
- Great troubleshooting skills and able to work under pressure
- Availability on weekends for on-call support
- Great customer service skills
- Have a current, valid driver's license for the (CA or TX)
- Have a clean driving record
- Ability to travel to other office and customer locations.
- Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.