Location: Dallas, TX (Remote work available for COVID-19)
Reports To: CEO
Job Overview: The primary responsibility of the Controller is the administration of all the Company’s financial and accounting functions, systems, and operations. The Controller will have a broad range of responsibilities and will work on a “hands on” basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Responsible for month-end close and financial statement preparation
● Prepares complex balance sheet account reconciliations and reviews other account reconciliations prepared by staff or senior accountants
● Assists in the company’s annual financial audit
● Play a key role in improving operational effectiveness and efficiency across the organization
● In conjunction with the CEO and COO, drive a rigorous business planning process, including operating budgets
● Provide monthly analysis of operating results and update forecasts
● Support pricing decisions on all products through analysis of actual and projected costs
● Help drive the performance, strategic planning, and growth orientation of the business
● Manage and maintain the financial systems
● Partner with Sales, Operations, and Engineering teams to build useful forecasts and processes for running those aspects of the business
● Ensure that the Company has a strong internal control environment
● Manage personnel in the accounting department
● 10+ years of accounting experience, preferably with supervisory experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
● Experience in manufacturing, inventory management, and intercompany transactions
● Experience in a startup or emerging growth company
● Knowledge of standard cost accounting and cross-border consolidation
● Preferred experience using Google Drive and Slack
● Our company was founded in 2017 and has developed a robot that autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
● A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building up expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to hospitality robotics. We have deployed to several enterprise customers and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
● We are ~50 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality, which can mean occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box, but we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate your successes.
● We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.