- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Solid data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Master’s degree or PhD in CS or related field.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Demonstrated expertise working with one or more of the following: Mobile/Frontend Application, Distributed and Parallel System, Robotics, Machine Learning, Embedded System, Test Automation, Devop, Networking, Security.
- Experience shipping product in a dynamic and agile early stage startup environment.
About the job
Software Engineers at Bear Robotics are researchers and developers who builds robot-as-a-service to revolutionize restaurant industry. Our engineers develop full-stack software from embedded firmware all the way to cloud services -- this requires adept research skills and awareness, the soft skills to effectively interact and ask questions, as well as the ability to quickly turning ideas into product. We focus on being a collaborative and open organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality. You are expected to be highly autonomous and to lead designs of major software components, systems and features. You are also expected to work with high-level product requirements, and to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Our company was founded in 2017. Bear has developed a self-driving robot that shuttles food from a kitchen in a restaurant/dining hall out to customer tables, and then brings dishes back for cleaning.
- A start-up gives you the chance for personal development and building expertise in your field, while providing opportunities for cross-functional growth. We’re not a big tech company yet, but we’re striving every day to be THE global player when it comes to robotics and AI in the hospitality sector. We have deployed robots with several global enterprise customers, and are on the cusp of mass manufacturing our robots for the world to use.
- We are ~70 motivated people who work hard to make our robots a reality. This means occasional extra hours and last-minute improvements. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile, pick your brain until it smokes and make you think outside of the box. But, we would also like to hang out with you, have an after-work drink together and celebrate our collective success.
- We provide excellent benefits, including comprehensive health coverage, lunch every day, remote work flexibility, internet and phone reimbursement, and employee bonus programs.
If you feel you’re ready for a professional adventure in robotics and artificial intelligence, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself, salary expectations, and why this role is perfect for you.