Job Title: Senior Robotics Engineer – Robot Behavior
Department: Robotics Engineering
Robot Behavior focuses on bridging the gap between a cool robot and
a useful robot. This means having intelligent high-level behaviors that manage
multi-robot coordination and workflow behavior. We want our robots to know what to
do when another robot is blocking its path, how to interact with moving things it can’t
coordinate with, and how to behave when it’s given an entirely new workflow.
In this role you’ll be taking ownership of the more advanced features on our behavior
system. You’ll be working to make our multi-robot coordination bullet-proof and
improve our workflow system to adapt to any workflow without engineer intervention.
These projects are at the center of bridging a huge gap in robotics, moving from
bespoke robotics solutions to a scalable robotic platform.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Build out advanced multi-robot and workflow features
● Work across product and engineering teams to distill ambiguous requirements
into concrete plans
● Own your projects from inception & development to deployment.
● Mentor junior engineers
● Bachelors in CS
● 2+ years of work experience in a related software field
● Proficiency in C++ and Python
● Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge
● Past experience with ROS, or understanding of fundamental usage
● Previous experience in startups or fast-paced engineering teams
● Experience with behavior trees, navigation systems, and path planning
● Master’s degree or PhD in CS or related field
● 5+ years industry experience
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Overnight travel to other office locations and customer sites (up to 60%
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer. The employee routinely is required to type, sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift 20 lbs.
About Bear Robotics:
The pay range for this position is$120K to $215K. Pay is dependent on the applicant's relevant experience.
Bear Robotics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.